This is a very thorough guide with several methods you can use to insert or type the Heart Symbol Text or Sign (♥) on any software such as Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, whether you are using the Windows or on Mac keyboard. You’ll learn all the easy methods including the Heart Alt code shortcut.
Without any wasting much time, let’s get started.
- 1 Quick Guide for typing the Heart symbol Text (♥)
- 2 Getting into the Details
- 3 How to Insert Heart Symbol Text in Word/Excel
- 4 Method 1: Heart Symbol Shortcuts (Windows and Mac)
- 5 Method 2: Heart Symbol Alt Code (Windows)
- 6 Method 3: Copy and paste Heart Symbol Text
- 7 Method 4: Using Insert Symbol Dialog
- 8 Conclusion
Quick Guide for typing the Heart symbol Text (♥)
To type the Heart Symbol text anywhere on your PC or Laptop keyboard (like in Microsoft Word or Excel), press Option + 2764 shortcut for Mac. And if you are using Windows, simply press down the Alt key and type 3 using the numeric keypad on the right side of your keyboard.
The table below contains a lot of information you need to be able to type this symbol on both Windows and Mac.
|Name of Symbol||Heart|
|Alt Code 1||3|
|Windows Shortcut||Alt + 3|
|Mac Shortcut||Option + 2764|
|Shortcut in Word||2665, Alt+X|
Getting into the Details
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, the above information is enough for you to write the ♥ sign anywhere including your Word/Excel document.
However, if you are not satisfied with this quick help, keep reading below as I will explain in detail, how to get the Heart symbol or any other symbol anywhere on your Mac or Windows PC like in MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
As you may already know, there are several dual-purpose keys on the keyboard for both Windows and Mac. That is to say that there are symbols readily available as second keys on the keyboard. Just by pressing two or more keys simultaneously, you can easily insert such symbols into your work. For instance, pressing Shift + 6 keys give you the Caret (^) sign.
However, other symbols aren’t printed on the keyboard as second keys. This makes it difficult to type. One of these symbols is the Heart symbol (♥).
Typing becomes very difficult for you if you need to add some of these symbols regularly into your work.
But it doesn’t have to be difficult. Especially now that you are reading this step-by-step guide.
How to Insert Heart Symbol Text in Word/Excel
In the following sections, I will show you all the easy ways to type or insert this symbol (♥) anywhere on your Windows or Mac PC (such as Word or Excel or PowerPoint).
As a quick guide, press 2665, Alt+X on your keyboard to type the Heart symbol in Microsoft Word. This shortcut works in MS Word only. You can also press Option + 2764 on Mac.
However, without any further ado, below are the methods explained into details.
Method 1: Heart Symbol Shortcuts (Windows and Mac)
The Heart Symbol Shortcut for Mac is Option + 2764.
Windows has several shortcuts, some of these shortcuts works only in Microsoft Word. Heart symbol shortcut is one of them.
The Heart Symbol shortcut for Microsoft Word is 2665, Alt+X.
This shortcut works in Microsoft Word in Windows only.
To use this shortcut, obey the following instructions:
- Place the insertion pointer in the right place.
- Type 2665 on your keyboard, then press Alt + X. This will convert the code (2665) into the Heart symbol at where you place the insertion pointer.
Below is a breakdown on how to use the Heart symbol shortcut for Mac:
- First of all, place the insertion pointer where you need to insert the symbol.
- Now, using the Mac keyboard, Press Option + 2764 simultaneously.
This shortcut should insert the symbol for you on your Mac PC.
In the next section, I’ll show you how to use the Heart Symbol Text Alt Code to type the symbol on your keyboard.
Method 2: Heart Symbol Alt Code (Windows)
The Heart (♥) Symbol Alt Code is 3.
Every symbol in Word has a unique code that you can use to insert the symbol into your document. This code is well known as “Alt code”.
Below are the steps to type this symbol on your keyboard (using the Alt code provided above:
- Press the num lock key to enable the numeric keypad. Use Fn key + NumLk keys to turn on Num Lock on laptops without the numeric keypad.
- Press and hold the Alt key and type 3 using the numeric keypad.
- After typing the Alt code (i.e. 3), release the [Alt] key you pressed down.
As soon as you release the Alt Key, the Heart (♥) Symbol Text should appear in your document.
Below are some different variations of the Heart Symbol along with their Alt code shortcuts that you can use to type these symbols in Microsoft Word using your keyboard:
|Heart Symbol Name||Heart Symbol Text||Alt Code|
|Reversed Rotated Floral Heart Bullet||☙||Alt + 9753|
|White Heart Suit||♡||Alt + 9825|
|Black Heart Suit||♥||Alt + 9829|
|Heavy Heart Exclamation Mark Ornament||❣||Alt + 10083|
|Heavy Black Heart||❤||Alt + 10084|
|Rotated Heavy Black Heart Bullet||❥||Alt + 10085|
|Rotated Floral Heart Bullet||❧||Alt + 10087|
|Love Hotel||Alt + 127977|
|Love Letter||Alt + 128140|
|Couple With Heart||Alt + 128145|
|Wedding Chapel With Hearts||Alt + 128146|
|Beating Heart||Alt + 128147|
|Broken Heart||Alt + 128148|
|Two Hearts||Alt + 128149|
|Sparkling Heart||Alt + 128150|
|Growing Heart||Alt + 128151|
|Heart With Arrow||Alt + 128152|
|Blue Heart||Alt + 128153|
|Green Heart||Alt + 128154|
|Yellow Heart||Alt + 128155|
|Purple Heart||Alt + 128156|
|Heart With Ribbon||Alt + 128157|
|Revolving Hearts||Alt + 128158|
|Heart Decoration||Alt + 128159|
|Smiling Face With Heart Shaped Eyes||Alt + 128525|
|Smiling Cat Face With Heart Shaped Eyes||Alt + 128571|
Method 3: Copy and paste Heart Symbol Text
Use the button below to copy and paste the Heart symbol text for your work.
My favorite method for inserting symbols I can’t easily type is copy and paste.
With this method, all you need to do is google the symbol you need to type, then copy it from one of the search results provided. Once you get the symbol into your document, you can always recopy and paste it as and when the need arises.
Use the button above to get this symbol on your clipboard.
There is another way to copy this and any other symbol on Windows. It involved using the Windows Character Map.
Obey the steps below to copy and paste any symbol using the character map.
- Search for the Character map app by clicking on the Start button.
- The Character map app will show up in the search results. Click on it to launch.
- After the Character Map window opens up, click to check the Advance View checkbox to expand the window for more advanced options.
- On the Advanced View section, type Heart in the search box.
- The symbol you searched for (Not Equal symbol) will now appear on the Character map. Double click on it to select it. You’ll see that the symbol appears in the Characters to copy text box. This allows you to select and copy several symbols at the same time.
- After selecting the symbol, you wish to copy, click on the Copy button.
- Switch over to wherever you need the symbol, whether in MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint and press Ctrl + V to paste.
This is how you may copy and paste the Heart sign using the Character Map on Windows.
Method 4: Using Insert Symbol Dialog
This approach isn’t as straight forward as the shortcut methods. But it’s fairly simple.
And once you get the symbol into your document, you can always copy and paste it again as and when you need it in your work.
Below are the steps to insert the Heart Sign in Word using the insert symbol dialog.
- On the Insert tab, click the Symbol button and choose More Symbols…
These few clicks will bring up the Symbol dialog box.
- Locate the Symbol you want to insert.
To easily find the Heart symbol text on the Symbols window, look at the upper-left area of the dialog and select Symbol in the Font: drop-down list. The Heart symbol you want to insert is in this category and should appear.
- Select the symbol, and then click on the Insert button.
Alternatively, double-clicking on the symbol will also insert the symbol into your document.
This is how you may insert a Heart symbol in Word using the insert symbol dialog.
As you can see, these are the various ways you may insert or type the Heart symbol text in Word/Excel with the keyboard.
My favorite method is using the copy and paste method followed by the shortcut in Word for both Windows and Mac. The Alt Code method also comes simple.
For any comments or questions about this guide, please let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading.