Video is the medium of the future — there’s no doubt about it. Creators and influencers have turned to video to make unique content that showcases their authentic voice and resonates with their audience. And it helps when these artistic videos are set to a popular tune.
While these music videos are often posted on platforms like Instagram, they frequently go through a few rounds of editing before they are published. So if you want to go viral, you need a good music video editor tool at your disposal.
- 1 The best music video editors for iOS
- 1.1 1. TikTok: The viral music video maker
- 1.2 2. Triller: Music video app with automatic editing
- 1.3 3. Tempo: Video maker with songs and filters
- 1.4 4. Magisto: Smart video editor
- 1.5 5. Filmmaker Pro: Tools for advanced editing
- 1.6 6. Video Maker with Music Editor: Video making app with sound effects
- 1.7 7. Add Background Music To Video: Video editor with music tracks
- 1.8 8. InShot: Video editing app with sound effects and voiceovers
- 1.9 9. Videoshop: Video making app with a song library
- 1.10 10. VivaVideo: Video editing app with multi-music tools
- 2 Top apps to make a video with pictures and music
- 2.1 11. Pic Music: Photo slideshow app with music
- 2.2 12. SlideLab: Slideshow making app with a vast music library
- 2.3 13. SlideShow Video Maker & Editor: Photo and video slideshow maker with popular songs
- 2.4 14. SlideShow Maker: Slideshow app with sound effects
- 2.5 15. FilmoraGo: Slideshow app with licensed songs
- 2.6 16. Slideshow Maker Video & Photo: Photo and video slideshow app with soundtracks
- 2.7 17. SlideShow Maker with Music Fx: Slideshow editing app with audio
- 2.8 18. Slideshow Add Music To Video: Slideshow making app with audio editing tools
- 2.9 19. SlideShow Video Maker: Slideshow app that connects to your iTunes Library
- 2.10 20. MoShow Slideshow Photo & Video: Slideshow editing app with effects and soundtracks
The best music video editors for iOS
There’s a plethora of third-party music video maker and editor apps to choose from, but the best ones have easy-to-use music tools, a wide selection of licensed music, and other editing features to use. Below are our top 10 picks.
TikTok is quickly becoming one of the most popular music video platforms, especially for lip-syncing. Once you’ve sifted through their large library of licensed music, all you have to do is record your video. From there, you can use its easy cut and trim tools to edit your video and even add some cool visual effects or stickers. It’s free to download and use.
TikTok on the App Store
2. Triller: Music video app with automatic editing
If you want a music video maker that’s virtually hands-free, you’ll want to try Triller. After you record your video, the app will edit your videos automatically. However, you do have the option to cut and trim any parts you don’t like. It also has a huge library of licensed music that includes many of today’s top hits and a visual effects library. It’s free to download and comes with in-app purchases.
Triller on the App Store
3. Tempo: Video maker with songs and filters
Tempo is a music video maker and editor known for its creative templates, artistic effects, cool transitions, high-quality filters, and a large licensed music library. While you don’t record your videos directly in the app, you can use it to upload and edit clips you recorded with your iPhone Camera. From there, you can edit away. This app is free to download and is $6.99 a week after your free trial ends.
Tempo on the App Store
4. Magisto: Smart video editor
Magisto is an excellent video maker and editor for those who are new to the process. Its artificial intelligence-driven smart editor makes it easy to trim and cut your videos, while the ready-made templates can turn them into creative masterpieces in just one click. Plus, the app has a big library of commercially licensed songs. It’s free to download (with in-app purchases) and can also be used on your desktop.
Magisto on the App Store
5. Filmmaker Pro: Tools for advanced editing
Filmmaker Pro is designed for video makers who want a little more creative control in their editing process. With 39 transition options, real-time filters, and more advanced tools, this app can help you create videos like a pro. It also comes with a sound effects collection and a library of 84 custom background tracks available for purchase within the app. The app itself is free to download.
Filmmaker Pro on the App Store
6. Video Maker with Music Editor: Video making app with sound effects
If you’re searching for a simple app that will let you throw some cool background music to your videos, download Video Maker with Music Editor. It doesn’t have a library of licensed popular songs, but it does have a vast amount of music tracks for everything from romantic films to rock parties. You can also record your voice over a video. It’s free to download, but a paid subscription will grant more access to music tracks and editing tools.
Video Maker with Music Editor on the App Store
7. Add Background Music To Video: Video editor with music tracks
Another simple to help you add a dreamy soundtrack to your vacation video is the Add Background Music To Video app. Its name states exactly what it does — after uploading your video, you can either add music from your own paid library of songs or record a voiceover. There are also audio and video editing tools available to use. This app is free to download but requires a paid subscription to access all of the features.
Add Background Music To Video on the App Store
8. InShot: Video editing app with sound effects and voiceovers
InShot is a video editing app that allows you to do everything from trim and merge videos, add sound effects, create voiceovers, play with filters, and add background music. While the editing capabilities are vast, the app does not have a library of music to choose from. You can, however, upload your own purchased songs and MP3 files. It’s free to download, with in-app purchases available to give you access to additional tools.
InShot on the App Store
9. Videoshop: Video making app with a song library
Not only can you add music to your Instagram videos from Videoshop’s library of popular songs and clips, but you can also record stop-motion videos, create lip-syncing clips, distort images, and enhance your videos with unique filters. There are also tons of video editing tools to use and other neat effects to help make your content stand out. This app is free to download and comes with an in-app subscription purchase option.
Videoshop on the App Store
10. VivaVideo: Video editing app with multi-music tools
VivaVideo is a powerful video editing tool loved by fans for its aesthetic filters, cool stickers, and the ability to add multi-music. That means you no longer have to choose between a song, a sound effect, or a voiceover for your videos; with this app, you can overlay all three. It also comes with dynamic stickers and other editing tools. It is free to download with the option to upgrade to a paid in-app paid subscription that gives you access to unlimited features.
VivaVideo on the App Store
Top apps to make a video with pictures and music
In addition to music videos, slideshows with soundtracks are another popular way to showcase your content. Again, you’ll want to use an app with access to a licensed music library (or at least an option for you to upload your own) and additional editing tools to make content creation a little easier. Below are our top picks.
11. Pic Music: Photo slideshow app with music
This app was created as a way to put music to a photo slideshow. After selecting the photos you want to include from your Camera Roll, you can rearrange the images in your preferred order. Then you can scan through its library of royalty-free music and add any text, stickers, filters, or transitions to complete your project. It is free to download with the option to upgrade to a paid version to remove the watermark.
Pic Music on the App Store
12. SlideLab: Slideshow making app with a vast music library
Another great app for making artistic slideshows is SlideLab. Not only are there tons of cool photo filters to choose from, but this app also has a vast collection of transitions to make your slideshow seamless. Plus, you can add a song to the background from its music library or upload a track from your iTunes Library. This app free to download with the option to upgrade to a purchased version that removes the watermark.
SlideLab on the App Store
13. SlideShow Video Maker & Editor: Photo and video slideshow maker with popular songs
Formerly known as Flipagram, SlideShow Video Maker & Editor makes your photo and video slideshows more entertaining thanks to its large music library, which is updated daily with new songs and tracks. There are also filters and effects that can be influenced by the song’s tempo and the ability to record a lip-syncing video within your slideshow creation. The app is free to download, with the option to upgrade to in-app purchases and subscriptions.
SlideShow Video Maker & Editor on the App Store
14. SlideShow Maker: Slideshow app with sound effects
SlideShow Maker features over 30 filters, 20 effects, 50 shapes, and 100 stickers to help you create a unique photo and video slideshow. It also includes easy-to-use editing tools and built-in music effects. The app is free to download, but if you want access to the music effects and soundtracks, you need to upgrade to a premium subscription plan.
SlideShow Maker on the App Store
15. FilmoraGo: Slideshow app with licensed songs
If you’re looking for a streamlined process for creating cool slideshows, look no further than FilmoraGo. With this app’s three-step process, all you have to do is select your photos, choose the music, add a filter, and share directly to the social media platform of your choice. The app features a large library of licensed songs, as well as professional editing tools that are available when you upgrade to a subscription.
FilmoraGo on the App Store
16. Slideshow Maker Video & Photo: Photo and video slideshow app with soundtracks
You can easily showcase your favorite moments with a creative slideshow thanks to Slideshow Maker Video & Photo. Using beautiful transitions, cool effects, unique filters, and in-app soundtracks, you can seamlessly combine photos and videos to create something new. Plus, the app allows you to use up to 200 photos and videos — so you don’t have to create multiple slideshows to brag about your vacation. The app is free to download, with the option of adding in-app purchases.
Slideshow on the App Store
17. SlideShow Maker with Music Fx: Slideshow editing app with audio
Turn your memories into movies complete with a mood-setting soundtrack thanks to SlideShow Maker with Music Fx. This app comes with a substantial collection of transitions, themes, effects, and filters, as well as multiple editing tools. You can also add music tracks and audio tracks from the app’s library or upload your own. The app is free for the first three days. After that, it’s $9.99 a month.
SlideShow Maker with Music Fx on the App Store
18. Slideshow Add Music To Video: Slideshow making app with audio editing tools
With tons of musical categories and soundtracks to choose from, the Slideshow Add Music To Video app can help you beautifully highlight your next event or occasion. It is compatible with Voice Memos and your iTunes Library and includes easy-to-use audio editing tools. The app is free to download, with the option to upgrade to a premium subscription.
Slideshow Add Music To Video on the App Store
19. SlideShow Video Maker: Slideshow app that connects to your iTunes Library
Combine your photos and videos into a unique slideshow with SlideShow Video Maker. This app features neat transitions, simple editing tools, and the ability to add purchased music to your iTunes Library. But the best part of this app? You can add as many photos and videos as you want. The app is free to download, with the option of in-app purchases.
SlideShow Video Maker on the App Store
20. MoShow Slideshow Photo & Video: Slideshow editing app with effects and soundtracks
MoShow Slideshow Photo & Video is another fun app to help you create slideshows. It includes dozens of different styles, editing tools, cool effects, and soundtracks for you to use. It’s free to download, with the option of upgrading to a subscription that gives you unlimited access to its features and removes the app’s watermark.
MoShow Slideshow Photo & Video on the App Store
With dozens of apps and third-party tools to choose from, you have more options than ever for making music videos and slideshows.