Read time 8 min
The blog is for those who are really annoyed by the error “The video is not available” while trying to open their YouTube video on the web browser.
About “The video is not available” Message on YouTube
Many users complain of the error “The video is not available” while they try to play a video on YouTube.
Sometimes this error occurs due to minor issues with browser settings or corrupt files. The frequency of this error is random, and one cannot tell the actual reason behind it. It is annoying to users when they don’t get accessibility to desired information at the right time. So, we have found some possible reasons and solutions to help in resolving the issue.
Solutions for “This video is not available” Message on YouTube
There are multiple workarounds that can help users fix an error like the “This video is not available” message.
These solutions depend upon the reasons which can be responsible for the issue. If you are not sure about the reason, you can follow a trial and error method to get access to the YouTube video again. Check the following solutions to fix the video not playing issue.
Note: For the demonstration, we have used the Microsoft Edge browser. Users can find similar settings in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or any other browser.
- Refresh the web browser
- Clear the cache
- Launch your web browser, click on 3 dots on the top right, and click on Settings.
- Then select the Privacy, search and services option from the left panel.
- Now, move to the right panel and scroll to the Clear browsing data section.
- Next, click on Choose what to clear option and then select from the given options. Click on Clear now to clear the cache.
- Try disabling or removing the extensions
- Click on the 3 dots on the top right of your web browser.
- Then click on the Extensions option from the drop-down list.
- Go to the Installed Extensions section, and against the desired extension, toggle off the switch to disable it. Or you can directly click on the Remove option underneath it to remove that particular extension.
- Disable the hardware acceleration (if enabled on your system)
- Click on the browser Settings option.
- Then, click on the System option from the left panel.
- On the right panel, toggle off the switch against Use hardware acceleration when enable.
- Click on the Restart option to restart the web browser and make the setting change to take effect.
- Change the video quality settings
- Open the YouTube video, which is throwing the error.
- Click on the gear icon on the bottom right corner of the video.
- Go to the Quality section and select a different resolution for the video.
- Now close the video and try re-opening it.
- Try the default web browser settings
- Open the browser settings.
- Go to the Reset settings section and click on it.
- Next, click on the option Reset settings to their default values.
- Confirm this operation and wait until the resetting process gets completed.
First, check the current internet connection, network speed, and refresh the web page 2-3 times. If it doesn’t help, close the currently opened web browser for viewing the video and then restart the web browser. Then try opening the YouTube video again.
Other options are re-installing the current web browser and using another web browser for running the YouTube video.
The corrupt cached files on your device can obstruct the functioning of the web browser, leading to an error like “This video is not available” on YouTube. These files store temporary data on devices, which can be cleared to fix the issue. Perform these steps to clear the cache:
Some faulty extensions to your web browser can create issues in running online videos, including YouTube videos. So, you need to identify those extensions and disable/remove them. If you have recently installed any extension and the problem started after that, that is a cause of concern. Here is the process to disable the problematic extension.
The hardware acceleration feature on the systems utilizes CPU for rendering videos. But it can affect the performance of the CPU and can create problems like the “The video is not available” message on YouTube. So, you should disable the hardware acceleration feature on your browser.
The current quality settings of the video may not be appropriate for running certain HD videos and may get affected by the slow internet speed or hardware problems. So, try modifying the Video Quality from the YouTube settings.
If the users have modified the web browser settings randomly for different requirements, it is possible that the new combination of the browser settings is not suitable for online videos. So, it is advised to switch back to the default web browser settings and then run the YouTube video.
To reset the default settings of your web browser, these are the steps.
We have discussed more than five manual solutions for the YouTube video issue “The video is not available.” But, if you are facing such an error with the video file on your system (including downloaded YouTube videos), the video file may be corrupt. You need to repair it with a reliable Video repair solution.
Kernel Video Repair Tool is an advanced software developed to repair almost all types of video file formats, including the downloaded YouTube videos on your system. The repair process is direct and automatic and can be done for multiple files simultaneously. You can take a trial of the software with the free version available on its website to learn its working and features.
Note: There is another similar kind of issue known as “The video is not available in your country,” which you can resolve by downloading the free browser extension or bypassing YouTube restrictions with a proxy.
Playing videos on YouTube is entertaining only if there is no issue in the video playback and videos run smoothly. But YouTube errors like “video is not available” can occur sometimes. We have explained some helpful solutions to fix this issue completely.