When it comes to traditional cable TV connections, a cable box is a must. The same applies to Spectrum service. Whichever TV set you want to get your entertainment from, you need to connect 4567 it to a digital cable box. And, while it may seem like a hassle, the value it adds to your viewing experience makes it more than worth it.
Spectrum knows the importance of a good cable box, which is why it offers models compatible with its system. When subscribing to a Spectrum packages, you’ll do well if you sign up for their devices. You must pay an additional monthly fee, however, which can really add up especially in a big household with multiple TV sets. But, if you think Spectrum hasn’t thought of that, you’d be wrong.
Catching up fast with changing times, Spectrum cable offers you the chance to become a partial cord cutter. And, the best part, you won’t need cable boxes to watch your favorite shows and movies, eliminating this cost entirely. If you’re wondering how that works and how you can sign up for it, keep reading!
If you don’t want to invest in multiple Spectrum boxes and save yourself some cash, you can always stream live TV, and no, for this you don’t need to get third-party streaming apps. Spectrum has you covered with its Spectrum TV app.
If you’re subscribed to its cable TV plan, you can download its app and watch TV on your mobile devices from anywhere in your home with ease. You won’t have to pay a dime to access what the app has to offer. If you’d still want to watch TV on your television set and don’t have a Smart TV, then it won’t be as simple. It won’t be that hard either, you’ll just need some things.
- What You Will Need: If you want to stream TV over the Spectrum TV app you must have the following:
- Spectrum TV app: With this app, you’ll be able to stream channels live on your TV
- Subscription to a Spectrum cable plan: Without signing up for a plan you won’t have access to the app
- Spectrum Internet: You can only use the app over Spectrum internet connection
- Streaming device: Streaming on your TV set directly is not possible if you don’t have Smart TV connected to your internet. However, you can go around this complication by getting some extra
First off, what even is a streaming device? Well, this device connects your TV or home theater to the internet and displays whatever you stream on TV. In the case of Smart TVs, this device is already built-in so you don’t need to buy it separately. With that being said, let’s take a look at which device you should get. There are a number of streaming devices to choose from, so understandably it can get confusing. But, stress not! That is exactly why we’re here. We’ve compiled a list of devices you can use:
If you have a Roku device, setting up a Spectrum app will be a breeze. It not only allows you to stream live content on your TV screens but also lets you access On Demand channels and premium channels if they’re included in your Spectrum package. Pair it with a high-speed Spectrum internet connection and you’ll have a seamless streaming experience. The only thing you need to do is install the app on your Roku device. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Roku App Store and search for Spectrum TV App
- Once you find it, click on Install
- Once the downloading process is complete, open the app and enter your credentials
There that’s it. Your Roku device is ready to stream. If you have a new Roku device though, you won’t even need to install the app. Just plug in your Spectrum account credentials and you’re in.
Amazon is quite finicky when it comes to third-party apps so you won’t find Spectrum TV app on the Amazon app store. That doesn’t mean you can’t use it. When there’s a will, there’s a way and we’re here to tell you all about it. Here is what you’ve got to do:
- Go to your Fire Stick Settings
- Select My Fire TV to set as your device
- Search for Developer Options and click on that
- You will find an option marked Apps from Unknown Sources, enable it
- A warning sign will flash, but don’t worry it’s all ok
- After you do this, you’ll be able to use the third-party Spectrum TV app on your device with ease. Since you can’t download it directly from the app store though, you’ll have to put in the extra effort.
There are two ways by which you can get the app.
The first method is simple. Here’s what you do:
- Go to the Downloader App
- Plugin the Spectrum TV APK URL to download the file on your device. You can find it here
- Next, tap Go
- The app will start downloading and once you do that, it will appear on the installation screen of the device
- Open the app to launch it and using your credentials log in
- There you go, it’s that simple.
You can also install the app through the ES File Explorer. Here’s how:
- On the search bar of your Fire Stick look up ES Explorer
- Once it opens, click on the Downloader option on its home screen
- Go to the ‘New’ options and enter the APK URL for the Spectrum TV App. You can find it here
- Next, select the option Download Now
- Once the Spectrum TV App is downloaded, and the Install option will appear, click on that
- Once it is installed, launch the app using the open button at the bottom of the screen and sign in using your credentials
That’s all you need to do and your Spectrum TV app will be ready for viewing.
Google Chromecast helps you cast your screens onto your TV sets, but since Spectrum TV App doesn’t come with casting features people get confused on how to use it. Well, it’ll take you longer than downloading the app on your Roku device, but once you figure it out you’ll be able to save quite a bit of money. So, without further ado let’s get to it.
- Plugin your Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV
- Connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as the smartphone which you wish to cast from
- Go to the app stores and download the Google Home app
- Launch the app
- Click on the option ‘Get Started’ and select the google account you want to link it with
- Go to ‘Create a New Home’ and put in the name and connect it to the Wi-Fi network
- Simply launch the Spectrum TV on your phone and get streaming.
That’s it, you’re done. Whatever you see on your phone screen will now be mirrored on your TV. A word of caution though: everything on your screen will be visible on the TV so make sure all sensitive data is safe and secure before you connect the two. If you have any further queries or questions, you can always give Spectrum customer service a call and they’ll help you sort it all out in no time.
There you go, with these devices you can watch live TV on your TV set without a Spectrum box. It’s worth mentioning that you can always watch it easily on your mobile and laptop screens as well if that’s the screen you prefer.
So, what do you think? Will you be saying goodbye to the bulky cable boxes, which have remained a permanent fixture on entertainment sets for decades, or will you be going hybrid? Either way, Spectrum TV App will come in handy and the fact it’s free for Spectrum cable TV subscribers makes the deal even sweeter. No cable box rent and what’s more, if you bundle it with Spectrum internet or home phone, you get even further discounts. It doesn’t get better than this!
What Roku devices are compatible with the Spectrum TV app?
Roku devices compatible with the Spectrum app include Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere, Roku Ultra, Roku Express, Roku Express, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku 4, and Roku TVs.
How many devices can stream content from the Spectrum TV app?
Only two simultaneous streams are allowed, for devices outside the home. However, if you’re using it on the home Wi-Fi you can stream on any number of devices with ease.
How much does the Spectrum TV app cost?
For, Spectrum cable TV users this service is free of charge.
Can you watch premium channels on your Spectrum TV app?
You can watch all the channels included in the Spectrum channel lineup for your package, which means if you have a premium channel included in your plan, you’ll be able to access it on the app as well.