Many of you are familiar with the wildly popular NextGEN Gallery plugin for WordPress. It’s been one of the most widely used WordPress gallery plugins with over 5 million total downloads, 3,600 daily downloads and 26,000 weekly downloads.
The big news this week is that NextGEN Gallery has just been acquired by Photocrati. Photocrati provides all-in-one WordPress websites and galleries for photographers. They’ve got big plans for adding new features to the plugin, including:
- Improving the user interface
- Adding capabilities to manage galleries from within posts and pages
- Working with Automattic to integrate with WordPress VIP
- New slideshow, filmstrip and thumbnail displays
- Caption and filmstrip styling
- eCommerce capabilities w/ print and price options, digital downloads, shopping cart and PayPal features
- Bug fixes and security patches
- Build a relationship with the NextGEN Gallery user community through blogging and social channels
These features will be moving into the testing phase midsummer, though the first major update will not be until later this year. The team at Photocrati also plans to add full integration for NextGEN Gallery and their very popular Photocrati theme. Want to get in on the action early? Photocrati is planning to introduce a beta testing program. Get in touch with them if you are interested in being a beta tester.
For more information check out the announcement on the newly relaunched NextGEN Gallery blog and the Photocrati website.
Why 100 is NOT a Perfect Google PageSpeed Score (*5 Min Watch)
Learn how to use Google PageSpeed Insights to set realistic goals, improve site speed, and why aiming for a perfect 100 is the WRONG goal.