So you’re making a media kit and you want to see some examples of the best media kits around? We’ve got you covered!
In this guide to the best media kit examples, you’ll discover media kits from the world’s biggest publishing companies as well as some smaller publishers, influencers and bloggers. Here’s what you’re going to find this post:
A media kit is a showcase of your brand and catalogue of the media space or inventory you’ve got available for sale to advertisers.
Want to know more? Check out our post on What is a media kit? (And what goes in it?)
Before we dive into our list of the best media kits around, it’s worth considering what makes a media kit good, or bad.
The purpose of a media kit is to make a sale – so we’re looking for media kits that showcase what they offer well, and make it easy to make a sale. Ultimately the best media kits reduce the friction of the sales process and make it easier to sell your inventory. Here are a few things to think about from the best media kits:
- They provide clarity on what they offer
- They a range of options, offerings and pricing
- They know the value they can provide
- They clearly can communicate their value
- Their media kit looks good
- They leave the advertiser wanting to find out more
- They provide a clear and easy next step
For more on what makes a good media kit, check out our post on how to make a media kit.
In this list, we’re sharing some of the best examples of media kits from both big online publishers and smaller more boutique niche publishers. It’s worth looking at them to get inspiration for the inventory you could offer as well as their design and presentation.
You’ll see that they contain many of the best practices for media kits that we’ve written about above.
- 0.1 Best media kits examples from large online publishers
- 0.2 Best example media kits from smaller publishers and bloggers
- 1 Download our free media kit template
- 2 What do you think?
Best media kits examples from large online publishers
It’s worth taking a look at these high quality media kits from some of the world’s largest publishers to get an idea of the inventory they sell, their pricing and how they present their offering in terms of reach and impact.
We’ve included links to to their advertising pages so you can follow the flow to download the kit yourself, or simply download the media kit examples in our resource pack.
1. Fast Company media kit example
2. Inc example media kit and rate card
3. Entrepreneur sample media kit
4. Digital Trends media kit
- Men’s Health media kit
- Harper bazaar media kit
- LA Times media kit
- Times magazine media kit
- Spotify media kit
- Architectural Digest media kit
- WSJ Magazine media kit
- Esquire media kit
- Refinery29 media kit
- Women’s health media kit
- Better homes and Gardens media kit
- Rolling stone media kit
- Sports Illustrated media kit
- Fast company media kit
- Bloomberg media kit
- New Yorker media kit
- Huffington post media kit
Best example media kits from smaller publishers and bloggers
If you’re a smaller publisher, blogger or influencer, you will find these best media kit examples more relevant.
5. Daily Hive media kit example
6. Digiday media kit example
7. Moving2Canada media kit example
8. Gear Junkie media kit example
9. Visual Capitalist media kit example
10. The College Investor media kit example
If you want to speed up the process of making a media kit, check out this media kit template.
The great thing about developing your media kit in PowerPoint of Google Slides is that it makes it very quick and easy to update pricing and information prior to sharing with potential partners and advertisers.
Download our free media kit template
Snag instant access to our easy-to-use media kit template with PowerPoint and Google Slides for you to adapt and reuse.
Yes, I want to sign up for the Indie Media Club newsletter to receive a free download and keep in the loop with weekly and monthly emails.
Alternatively, if you want something more like an influencer media kit template, check out these from Canva. https://www.canva.com/media-kits/templates/
What do you think?
Got any tips or tricks to share? Have you got a media kit? Share it it in the comments below! Tell us what creative inventory you’ve come up with and what’s working for you in selling to brands and marketers.