THE PREMIER LEAGUE’S top ten sexiest footballers have been revealed – and it doesn’t look good for Cristiano Ronaldo.
The results throw up some huge surprises with the Manchester United heartthrob nowhere to be seen.
Arsenal’s Martin Odegaard ranks eighth while West Ham’s Issa Diop claims top spot and is the only player from last season’s top six to feature.
Ronaldo bizarrely comes 123rd in the study undertaken by RantCasino, despite his model looks.
And there are no senior England players who make the grade.
A facial features formula was produced with each player scoring a ‘Golden Ratio’ percentage, with exactly how it works explained below.
Here SunSport runs through the top ten… with some names certain to raise a few eyebrows, rather than turn any heads.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
ISSA DIOP, WEST HAM – 1
The 6ft 4in Frenchman sits proudly at the top of the list, according to the study.
And that’s further proof that things really are looking good at the moment for David Moyes’ team.
TEDDY JENKS, BRIGHTON – 2
The 19-year-old is on the books at Brighton but is currently on loan at Aberdeen until the end of the season.
And although he has played just twice for the Seagulls’ first team, the midfielder may be more popular after making it to second on this list.
JURAJ KUCKA, WATFORD – 3
The Slovakian-born midfielder may be in the twilight years of his career at 34.
But perhaps he can consider a career in modelling after he retires.
DIEGO LLORENTE, LEEDS – 4
Like Odegaard, the 6ft 1in Spaniard has also played for Real Madrid.
He now plies his trade at Elland Road but is not the only Leeds star in the top ten.
JACOB SORENSEN, NORWICH – 5
Sorensen, 23, is one of three Scandinavians to make the top ten.
And the way his team Norwich are playing at the moment, this may be the Canaries’ biggest achievement this season.
JOACHIM ANDERSEN, CRYSTAL PALACE – 6
Andersen is a 6ft 4in Danish centre-back who terrorises strikers at the heart of the Crystal Palace defence.
But he is apparently not so scary to look at.
ANDY LONERGAN, EVERTON – 7
Lonergan, 38, is the oldest star on the list.
The former Liverpool keeper is now breaking hearts on the other side of Stanley Park with Everton.
MARTIN ODEGAARD, ARSENAL – 8
The Norwegian used to play for Real Madrid – the most glamorous team on the planet.
And he appears to have carried some of that over to Arsenal.
⚽ Read our Football news live blog for the very latest rumours, gossip and done deals
MARC LEONARD, BRIGHTON – 9
The 5ft 11in midfielder is another one turning heads on the South Coast.
Now 19, the Scot came through the youth ranks at Rangers and Hearts.
LEWIS BATE, LEEDS – 10
Bate, 19, is an England Under-20 international who moved from Chelsea to Leeds this summer.
And he’ll have to fight colleague Llorente for a spot in front of the mirror in the Elland Road changing rooms.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
Most attractive Prem stars – methodology
After SunSport revealed the top 10 most attractive Premier League stars, here is how the results were produced…
- RantCasino.com sought to determine the most attractive Premier League football players of 2021.
- In-house entertainment experts extracted official images of every Premier League footballer for the current 2021/2022 season utilising the official Premier League Players List. Only front-facing headshots containing no face coverings or headgear were utilised in this study. Players with no available photos from the official Premier League or their team’s official website were excluded from the study. Please note that the club of each player is classified as their parent club, not their loan club. For example, Teddy Jenks club is classed as Brighton & Hove Albion for the purposes of this study, despite him being on loan to Scottish Premiership club Aberdeen.
- To rank each player’s attractiveness, the mathematical formula of the golden ratio was implemented utilising Python Library to detect different facial landmarks across the human face. Based on the golden ratio, the perfect score should be calculated as close as possible to 1.61803398875.
- A specialised in-house formula was designed to obtain an approximation of the golden ratio for each of the 301 analysed athlete’s facial features in accordance with facial landmarks utilising Python Library. The golden ratio formula was determined using the line distance between the landmarking on specific facial features. The line distance figures were processed through the golden ratio formula for the entire face.
- After the facial features were processed, each player was given a percentage as final scores acquired according to the facial landmarks data. The percentage determines how close each individual athlete’s faces are to perfection – the closer to 100%, the more attractive the player is, therefore, ranking highly.
- Data was collected on the 08/09/21.