- 1 The Best Baseball Cleats Reviewed by BaseballMonkey
- 1.1 1. New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Mid Metal Baseball Cleats
- 1.2 2. New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Low Metal Baseball Cleats
- 1.3 3. New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Mid TPU Molded Baseball Cleats
- 1.4 4. New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Low TPU Molded Baseball Cleats
- 1.5 5. Nike Force Zoom Trout 7 Men’s Molded Baseball Cleats
- 1.6 6. Mizuno 9-Spike Ambition Low Men’s Metal Baseball Cleats
- 1.7 7. New Balance 4040v5 Men’s Low Metal Baseball Cleats – Black
- 1.8 8. New Balance 4040v5 Men’s Low Metal Baseball Cleats – Navy
- 2 Understanding the Types of Baseball Cleats
- 3 Best Baseball Cleats by Category
- 3.1 Best Budget Baseball Cleats
- 3.2 Best Metal (Adult) Baseball Cleats
- 3.3 Best Molded (Youth) Baseball Cleats
- 3.4 Interchangeable Baseball Cleats
- 3.5 Best Baseball Turf Shoes
- 3.6 Best High-Top Baseball Cleats
- 3.7 Best Mid-Top Baseball Cleats
- 3.8 Best Low-Top Baseball Cleats
- 3.9 Most Comfortable Baseball Cleats
- 3.10 Lightest Baseball Cleats
- 4 Find the Best Selection of Baseball Cleats at BaseballMonkey!
The Best Baseball Cleats Reviewed by BaseballMonkey
1. New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Mid Metal Baseball Cleats
Overview: The New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Mid Metal Baseball Cleats are comfortable to wear and provide added ankle support. The metal spike outsole has been designed to provide the best traction possible and the FRESH FOAM EVA midsole is crafted for ultimate comfort, no matter how many innings you play.
- Designed using real data to enhance movement
- Comfort Collar prevents ankle irritation while offering support
- Lace cage secures laces during play
2. New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Low Metal Baseball Cleats
Overview: New Balance’s FRESH FOAM EVA midsole construction makes for a lighter feeling cleat without giving up performance. An eight-spike outsole offers superior traction and dig during sprints or lateral movements, and a lace cage on the tongue will keep laces tight and secure during practice and games.
- Comfort Collar support to prevent ankle irritation
- Upper mesh designed based on real-life baseball data
- FRESH FOAM midsole for extended comfort
3. New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Mid TPU Molded Baseball Cleats
Overview: If you’re looking for a cleat you can wear on both turf and natural grass, the New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 TPU molded baseball cleats are a great option. On top of the TPU plate, the mesh upper portion of these cleats was constructed with a comfort collar and New Balance’s FRESH FOAM EVA for a lightweight and comfortable feel.
- TPU molded cleats
- Tongue cage for more secure laces
- Reaction-Diffusion upper mesh
4. New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Low TPU Molded Baseball Cleats
Overview: With a lightweight foam and padded collar for ankle comfort, the New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 is a durable, light baseball cleat. Molded cleats allow for improved performance on multiple surfaces and an upper mesh was designed using actual baseball play data for the best reaction-diffusion possible.
- Tongue cage for more secure laces
- FRESH FOAM EVA midsole for comfort
- Molded TPU cleats for turf or grass
5. Nike Force Zoom Trout 7 Men’s Molded Baseball Cleats
Overview: The Nike Force Zoom Trout 7 men’s molded baseball cleat is a tough cleat for a tough game. The outer shell has been crafted with durable synthetic leather that can stand up to harsh playing conditions. Popular molded cleats deliver traction and flex with your movements.
- Easy-to-clean synthetic leather
- Mesh tongue collar for ventilation
- Mid-foot strap to lock in feet
6. Mizuno 9-Spike Ambition Low Men’s Metal Baseball Cleats
Overview: The Mizuno 9-Spike Ambition men’s metal baseball cleats feature heel-to-toe cushioning for maximum comfort. Mizuno’s Wave structure helps reduce pressure on feet when planted in the batter’s box and absorbs shocks to the ankles during gameplay.
- EVA midsole
- Heel-to-toe cushioning for comfort
- Nine metal spikes for increased traction
7. New Balance 4040v5 Men’s Low Metal Baseball Cleats – Black
Overview: The New Balance 4040v5 low metal baseball cleats are incredibly lightweight and comfortable to wear, even during long games. A Kinetic Stitch TPU upper portion increases durability over former models and delivers improved zonal strength without giving up flexibility.
- An eight-spike plate
- REVlite midsole foam is 30% lighter than standard midsoles
- Synthetic upper for durability and easy cleaning
Overview: Designed to be the lightest cleat on the market, New Balance has reduced the weight of the 4040v5s by 30%, without sacrificing durability. An eight-spike lower plate offers incredible traction for such a lightweight cleat, and a TPU-upper has increased zonal strength while remaining flexible.
- REVlite midsole provides premium responsiveness
- Flexible eight-spike plate
- Synthetic upper for durability
Understanding the Types of Baseball Cleats
There are several different types of cleats out there, so it’s important to make sure you understand which are the best baseball shoes for you. Different leagues have different rules depending on age and level of skill. Before you purchase a new pair of cleats, make sure you’ve chosen the appropriate pair.
Metal Baseball Cleats (Adults)
Metal baseball cleats are the standard for high-skilled adult leagues.
Molded Baseball Cleats (Youth)
Due to safety standards, youth baseball players are not allowed to wear metal cleats. A molded cleat is required by nearly every youth baseball league.
Interchangeable Baseball Cleats
Some cleats can be changed or swapped out of the plate. Interchangeable cleats allow players to switch from metal cleats to turf cleats or replace broken and worn-out spikes.
Baseball Turf Shoes
Some players prefer to wear turf shoes rather than spikes when playing on fields that contain no dirt or grass and are 100 percent artificial surfaces.
High-Top Baseball Cleats
High-top baseball cleats have a higher ankle portion for increased upper-ankle support.
Mid-Top Baseball Cleats
Mid-top baseball cleats are designed for players looking for extra low-ankle support. The ankle support is slightly higher than a standard shoe, giving players extra snugness around the ankles.
Low-Top Baseball Cleats
A low-top baseball cleat is the basic design of most cleats. They’re usually lighter weight and offer the best flexibility.
Best Baseball Cleats by Category
If you’re looking for a pair of baseball cleats that will be the best for your on-the-field playing style, check out the list below, as we break down some of the best baseball cleat options in multiple categories.
Best Budget Baseball Cleats
Mizuno 9-Spike Ambition Low Men’s Metal Baseball Cleats: The Mizuno 9-Spike Ambition Low men’s metal cleats offer ballplayers of every skill level optimal performance at a reasonable price. The combination of heel-to-toe cushioning, spikes designed for maximum traction and value make these our best budget baseball cleats.
Best Metal (Adult) Baseball Cleats
New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Low Metal Baseball Cleats: The New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 low metal baseball cleats provide great traction and comfort in the standard low-cut style. The upper mesh and comfort collar provides a snug fit without sacrificing flexibility. Taking into account that real baseball movement data was used in the design process, these cleats are our pick for best metal cleats for adults.
Best Molded (Youth) Baseball Cleats
Interchangeable Baseball Cleats
Best Baseball Turf Shoes
New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Mid TPU Molded Baseball Cleats: The New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5’s are our best baseball turf shoes due to their overall comfort and performance. These mid-top cleats feature an ankle collar to prevent irritation and the upper mesh surface flexes as you move. As an added bonus, the TPU molded cleats can also offer traction on dirt infields in hybrid ballparks.
Best High-Top Baseball Cleats
Best Mid-Top Baseball Cleats
Best Low-Top Baseball Cleats
New Balance 4040v5 Men’s Low Metal Baseball Cleats: New Balance has designed a lightweight shoe that’s designed for performance and comfort. The 4040v5s are our best low-top baseball cleats due to a REVlite midsole that makes the shoe comfortable and supportive, without giving up flexibility. The eight spikes on the plate are strategically placed for the best dig and traction possible.
Most Comfortable Baseball Cleats
New Balance Fresh Foam 3000v5 Men’s Low TPU Molded Baseball Cleats: The New Balance 3000v5 men’s low-top baseball cleats contain lightweight FRESH FOAM for extra cushion that won’t become uncomfortable if practice and games run long. A comfort collar provides ankle support and a tongue cage prevents loose laces from chafing inside the shoe.
Lightest Baseball Cleats
New Balance 4040v5 Men’s Low Metal Baseball Cleats: New Balance has engineered its REVlite midsoles to be super lightweight, up to 30 percent lighter than standard baseball cleats. The New Balance 4040v5 low-top baseball cleats may be the lightest baseball cleats you’ll ever wear.